HorseBuyersBeware

Friday, October 1, 2010

How Many Names Does One Seller Need?


First let me say that I personally know people that have purchased great horses from Texas.org. I also know people that have been lied to and are very unhappy. There are numerous negative comments about this operation. In talking to people I have found that the happy customers were experienced and knew what to look for when buying a horse. They were careful and checked the horse out thoroughly before buying or found a project horse they really liked and knew it wouldn't be perfect. Great horses are everywhere. For the inexperienced buyer having someone help you is important no matter where you buy your horse.

Texas.org has websites under many names. I really can't think of a logical reason why someone would have so many names for their business. It gives the impression that the operation is shady. It is very easy to look at the different sites and know it is the same place. The names are similar and the websites are all set up the same way. Here is the list I have.
texashorse.org
akidshorse.com
aranchhorse.com
roman forest stables

I inquired on a horse last year and received an email that said the employees had ripped off people and coggins were faked. She advised me to contact anyone I knew that had purchased from them to contact them. At best this business is simply a horse trading/flipping business using the words rescue and adoption as a sales pitch. At worst they are shady and untrustworthy. If they had a horse that I was interested in I would certainly take a look. Private sellers can be just as dishonest so using common sense when buying a horse and having experienced help will save you a lot of heartache. 

6 comments:

  1. My name is Linda Jordan. I got a horse for them and I am so happy. They were right on and very knowledgeable. I went out there all day and rode the horse that I bought down the trails. OMG the horse I bought is the best horse I have ever owned. I am very Happy with them. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say that aranchhorse.com are great people. My family were out there looking to buy a horse. We were out there all day. I took the horse we were looking at down the trials. Wow, They were right about the horse. I have had this horse for 3 months now and no issues. Next time I need another horse, I am going back. Thanks to the employees at A Ranch Horse. Very satisfied!

    Mr Paul Hatcher South Houston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just went out to A Ranch Horse and they were great people. I asked about a horse and they told me that that horse was too much horse for me so I looked at another horse. They were right on. I love this horse and I could not ask for anything more. I will go back when I am ready for another horse.

    Andy Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The person that wrote this negative entry must be a horse trader, trying to mess up business for them. I am a horse trader myself and they are all great people and I have heard so much good about them. Now I do know that if a person does happen to purchase a horse they are not happy with, aranchhorse.com has been known to do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. These people have a real cowboy riding for them and he has been working with horses all his life. They are real down to earth people and i do recommend them if my customers do not find what they are looking for. The reason why they have different werbsites is to promote more business. So people that are horse traders trying to bash other horse traders, go find something else to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Sheila Ross, please find something else to do. These people are great. I know for a fact that they work with anyone if there is a problem. I purchased 3 horses from them over the years. I never had a problem with them. They know their shit. I blame the people like the person that put up the blog. All you are trying to do is cause problems. Just worry about your own problems and leave good people along

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first visit to this place was nice. They were helpful, friendly. Found a horse I liked well enough. Made a second visit - the young man who was "introducing" the horse to me caught him, brought him up to me.
    In the process of trying to groom and pick hooves, the horse refused to pick up his back hoof. Young man says, "he's never done that before, try again." Second and third try, same resposne. Fourth try, horse kicks me in the thigh. I left, as the young man was kicking at and hitting the horse with the lead rope.

    Called the young woman I worked through the first visit, left a message explaining what happened. She called back, said the young man lied, and yes, that horse has never lifted a back hoof for cleaning or trimming without attitude.

    Buyer beware... And while yes, "I do have better things to do", I think it's worth noting that young man lied to me, and, had I been smaller or less nimble, the kick would've been to my head and not my thigh.

    ReplyDelete